Saturday, July 27, 2013

The time I'm a period

The time I'm a period
When the whole body is frozen into an abscess
When a private mount explodes silently
I make efforts in vain to clutch the pain in my grip
All of a sudden it gives a jolt
I in myself, solid becoming liquid
Then becomes a solid again
And then shattered to pieces.
Every month,having no other go,
I transform myself into pain- dead
Unable to plaster the wound that doesn't surface
Unable to grind the ribs into powder
Even unable to draw myself into a bundle of cosy sleep
Embracing the thirty-six hours of turbulence
Unable to remain a forced untouchable
Walking forward a few paces in civilisation
Becoming pale and rendered sleepless
Transforming aeons into moments
Becoming gasping leaps and sprints
Desiring to flatten the spine on the anvil
Toying with the idea of bundling this bother with chains of iron
Again and again, once every thirty days
Taking rebirths one after another
The period when crushed in gut-twisting agony
This period....
(Translated by V.V.B. Rama Rao)
Original Poem in Telugu "Nenu rutuvuneina vela" by K.Geeta


No comments: